YES! you read that right. Our easy-read book, Don’t Manage…Coach! is avaiable on Audio.com (or through Amazon). BUT, as a visitor to our site, you can get it for free. Just use the contact form (on the Contact Us page) and I’ll send you a code to download your copy. This will be a limited offer, because I only have so many from Audible to share. All we ask is that you do a review of the book on Amazon once you’ve listened to it.
Marty’s TedxUND talk is now available at YouTube!
TEDxUND, Apr 28th, Saturday
Marty is in the 10:30 AM – 1:00 PM time slot
I’ve been helping many people and organizations (especially Boards of Directors) wrestle with how to know if they are successful or not. And not just year-to-year, but for the long haul. When all is said and done, when we look back, how can we know if we were truly successful? This normally comes in the context of finding your purpose and later determining if you have a Vision! I have a (free) newsletter dedicated to encouraging visionaries. So I was very happy for the opportunity to write this book for Apress.
From the release on Amazon:
Marty’s newest book from Apress teaches us how to measure success at the individual and organizational levels. The key is to measure and promote progress in terms of organizational vision, mission, and overarching goals.
Business leaders too often succumb to the working assumption that they only have to show shareholders and boards of trustees that they are turning a profit―the higher the profit, the more successful their stewardship of the company. Wrong! To truly thrive and endure, all organizations―corporate, government, small, large, nonprofit, or startup―need to define and pursue the underlying purpose for their existence.
- Understand why you should measure success instead of performance
- Understand what to measure and what not to measure
- Integrate the measures of success to tell a complete story
- Share measures of success with different audiences
I’d love to know what you think!
Marty will be presenting on Measuring Success – how to truly measure over all success for your organization or yourself, in the Track including Mission & Purpose.
There will of course be other thought leaders, best selling authors and thousands of business pioneers from around the world sharing on the topics of:
○ Conscious Leadership
○ Creating a Mission Driven Organization (Mission & Purpose)
○ Building a Conscious Workplace Culture
○ Sustainability and CSR
○ Personal Development for Conscious Business
Its shaping up to be a wonderful week of inspiration and insights. See the full agenda here and sign up… good news… it’s FREE!
Thanks to the Lakeland Medical Office Association for inviting me to speak on 2/15/2017 in Benton Harbor, MI
This is not an analogy…it’s a reality we can shoot for.
I was invited to do a 90 minute presentation on Michael Langthorne and my book, Don’t Manage…Coach! What a joy! There were roughly 70 attendees and we had a great time discussing the possibilities. Not for “coaching” each other or trying out a new fad, but of truly learning from sports coaches at every level on how to lead a team.
High School, college, and professional coaches have been leading teams with extremely high turnover, varying levels of proficiency, and dynamic perspectives. There are good coaches and bad coaches, but I’ll take any coach over a manager – any day.
The best part of the presentation was at the end when an attendee approached me and said, “I’m a new coach and this is great timing!” And I, thinking that she meant she was coaching a youth sport, asked, “what sport?” And she said “a team of X-ray technicians.”
I’m still smiling.
Vision Setting: How to create a living strategic plan
We all struggle to find our place in the world. We all wonder if there’s more to our lives than existing through the 9-5 job. We want to know our purpose and we want to make a difference.
The same is true for organizations.
Organizations tend to bury themselves in poly-syllabic words which end up diluting any meaning their mission and vision statements have. Their strategic plans end up gathering dust on a shelf only to be reviewed when it’s time to create a new one.
• A clear statement of your purpose
• Vision for you or your organization
• How to share your vision
• How to use your vision to create apostles, disciples, and followers
• The basis of a living strategic plan
• Identify your purpose and calling
• Determine if you have a vision
• Formulate your vision for the future
• Practice sharing your vision
• Build an understanding of how to build your vision-network
• Identify high level, long range goals for achieving your Vision
• Build an outline of your strategic plan based on your mission and vision
When: Thursday, Nov 17, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Where: Holiday Inn Express, HWY 933, Niles MI 49120
|Reserve your seat|
Marty will be speaking at KeyBank’s
Seven Tips. Seven Experts. Seven Minutes
For women owned businesses and professional women
The Lerner Theatre
410 S. Main St., Elkhart IN
Oct 19, 2016 at 4 PM
The first in a series of Seminars/Workshops
What you’ll take away:
- How to Measure Success
- How to create, track, & report metrics.
- How to design, create, and implement a metrics program.
- A tool kit of processes and tools for designing metrics.
- Understand the definition of data, measures, information, and metrics
- Identify root questions to ensure you build the right metrics
- Develop meaningful and accurate metrics using concrete, easy-to-follow instructions
- Avoid the high risks that come with collecting, analyzing, reporting, and using complex measures
- Formulate practical answers to data-based questions
- Select and use the proper tools for creating, implementing, and using metrics
- Learn one of the most powerful methods yet invented for improving organizational results
April 5th, Tuesday, 9 AM – 4 PM
Seminar only: 9-1130
Lerner Theatre, Crystal Ballroom